Ad Submission Guidelines
Advertisements must conform to the specifications outlined herein. Elements not meeting specifications will be returned for revision, which may delay the launch date.
Creative must be submitted to your Account Manager prior to campaign launch.
|Submission via your Account Manager
5 business days lead time must be adhered to or your campaign launch may be delayed.
- Advertiser Name
- SWM Order Number
- Campaign Name
- Detailed trafficking instructions
- Creative Files or secure Third Party tags
- A Click Through URL or tracker: Landing page should be live at the time of submission to enable thorough testing before launch.
- For Flash-enabled ads, an alternate image conforming to the designated image specifications must be provided for use in the event that the user’s browser does not support Flash.
SWM reserves the right to reject or request a revision to any creative which is deemed unsuitable, does not meet our specifications, or adversely affects site performance, other ad placements or user experience. SWM may at its discretion refuse to publish any advertising or content without reason.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure that:
- All advertising it seeks to place on the SWM network complies with all applicable Commonwealth, state and local laws and regulations;
- An advertisement does not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights of third parties;
- Offers included in any advertising message include all material terms that an ordinary person would require in making an informed decision about whether to purchase the product or service being offered and do not contain materials or representations which directly or by implication, exaggeration or ambiguity mislead the customer (for example, SWM does not accept travel and vacation advertising that offers “free”; or bargain-priced trip packages, but fails to disclose hidden costs or other restrictions that materially affect the net value of the “bargain price”);
- All claims made in an advertisement have been substantiated before the advertisement is scheduled to appear on the SWM network;
- Users are not being misled or deceived into downloading software;
- Advertising that includes product claims, warranties, guarantees, or other types of assurances to the user complies with all applicable laws, regulations or guidelines regarding such assurances, including but not limited to those set forth in the Trade Practices Act; and
- Users are not deceived into providing personal information without the user’s knowledge, under false pretences, or to persons who resell, trade, barter or otherwise misuse that personal information.
General Content Standards
- Ads must have a distinct border to clearly identify where the page ends, and advertisement begins.
- SWM reserves the right to remove any advertisement that adversely affects the user experience of its sites. Creatives posing unreasonable load will be rejected. This includes but is not limited to excessive CPU and memory usage.
- The sponsor of the advertising message must be clearly identified in the ad unit.
- The advertiser’s landing page must match the offer being made in the advertisement.
- An ordinary person must be able to make an informed decision about an offer from the information provided in the ad unit.
- The ad unit and landing page must have detailed disclosures as appropriate; in particular, full terms and conditions of the offer must be easily accessible on the advertiser’s landing page.
- SWM reserves the right to reject any ad on behalf of, or which promotes SWM’s competitors or products, services or activities contrary to SWM’s competitive position or interests.
- SWM reserves the right to request additional changes to submitted ads or to reject any ad unit in its sole discretion.
SWM does not permit the downloading of files directly from ads. All ads must link to a landing page only.
- Should any ads be supplied directly or programmatically in a format that doesn’t abide by our ad specifications, SWM reserve the right to stop the campaign. SWM ad operations will reach out to the agency to get the creative amended.
Ads MUST NOT
- Mislead or deceive the user.
- Use “bait and switch”; tactics, i.e. advertising that promotes an unavailable product or price as a means of luring the user into purchasing a different product.
- Display false functionality, i.e. contain graphics that simulate interactivity where no such interactivity exists.
- Resemble SWM content, or use the 7Plus, 7travel, Seven West Media, West Australian Newspaper, Perth Now, or Pac Mags name or logo without prior approval.
- Mimic news headlines in design, tone, third person sentence structure, or topic.
- Promote or glorify violence, crime, obscenity, the use of weapons, or to provide instructions on how to “get away”; with crimes or unlawful activity
Promote stereotypes, inaccurately portrays or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, colour, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or handicap
- Portray minors (or persons who, in SWM’s opinion, appear to be underage) in a manner that is sexually suggestive or otherwise age-inappropriate